When we ask, ‘What’s your policy when it comes to drugs and alcohol?’ we’re not questioning whether you think it’s OK to have a third drink while watching the footy. We’re more concerned with your drugs and alcohol policy at work. Because if you’re a business owner or manager, you should have one. And if you’re an employee, you should have a good idea of the policy your employer has in place.
A drugs and alcohol policy should clearly detail aspects such as the purpose of the policy, responsibilities of management and employee expectations. In the policy a business should answer some key questions. For example:
- Does the business conduct random or planned testing activities?
- If testing is conducted, who does the testing?
- What’s the procedure when someone is suspected as being affected by drugs or alcohol?
- What disciplinary action is taken when someone is proven to be affected by drugs or alcohol?
- How are employees and management educated about drugs and alcohol?
- What support is available for employees?
Integrity Sampling can help develop a drugs and alcohol policy for any business in Australia. We can help with all aspects, including drafting a policy to your individual needs and providing education on the policy to employees and management. Plus, of course, we can conduct drug and alcohol testing for you, in more than 30 locations throughout Australia.
If you’re interested in finding out more about our drugs and alcohol policy services, contact Integrity Sampling.