You can’t pick up a newspaper, turn on the television or visit an online news site without seeing more information about cost of living pressures. Inflation is hitting individuals and families hard, and it’s not easy for businesses either. So, is the cost of implementing workplace drug testing just another expense you don’t need?
If you are tossing up about whether to implement drug testing in your workplace, or about dropping it altogether, Integrity Sampling has compiled what we believe are the major benefits. If you have any questions, please contact us to discuss.
The benefits of workplace drug testing for businesses
- Ultimately, workplace drug testing is about safety. Conducting regular testing will help to keep everyone within your workplace safe. Generally, you don’t need to conduct drug testing if your workplace isn’t high-risk. But if you’re in an industry such as mining, transportation, shipping, aviation, manufacturing or agriculture, you should.
- There’s plenty of research to show that drugs and alcohol doesn’t just impact safety. It can also affect other aspects of a business, including absenteeism and productivity. In the long run, these are things that will hit your bottom line.
- Workplace drug testing can help improve a business’ safety record, which can help drive down workers’ compensation insurance.
- Any accidents and injuries in the workplace that you can prevent, through workplace drug testing and other strategies, will reduce your potential legal liabilities.
- Ultimately, a workplace where drugs and alcohol aren’t managed can hit the bottom line in a multitude of ways. As well as the ones above, you can add increased recruitment costs due to higher employee turnover, lower morale amongst employees and a hit to the business’ reputation.
Drug testing with integrity
Integrity Sampling’s accredited technicians conduct workplace drug testing across Australia. If required, we can be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days of the year.
We’re specialists in drug testing processes and use the most advanced testing devices and equipment available. This includes the Drager Alcotest 6000 for alcohol testing and the Drager DrugTest 5000 for drug testing. This means we can test with accuracy of greater than 99%.
This professionalism does come at a cost. Workplace drug testing isn’t cheap to implement. However, with drugs and alcohol costing Australian workplaces more than $5 billion a year, you need to also consider the cost of not implementing testing.
Contact Integrity Sampling to get a quote for implementing workplace drug testing in your business.
Note: If you are comparing the costs from more than one workplace drug testing firm, ask about add-on costs. Not all providers include add-on costs such as penalty rates for after-hours testing, minimum test number requirements and administration fees, which can make a cheaper quote suddenly not so cheap. Integrity Sampling has an all-inclusive pricing structure, with no hidden extras. What we quote is what you will pay.
FEATURED IMAGE CAPTION:
How much would it cost your business to implement workplace drug testing?