Drug and alcohol education in the workplace vital
We provide plenty of information in our blogs about the importance of workplace drug testing for those businesses where safety is a priority, but testing is certainly not the only tool for managing drugs and alcohol. Drug and education in the workplace in particular is also vital, so let’s look at it in more detail.
Drug and alcohol education in the workplace is important because:
- It will help your employees understand the danger of illicit and pharmaceutical drugs in the workplace.
- It will provide an understanding of your business’ drug and alcohol policy, and drug and alcohol testing.
- Providing drug and alcohol education in the workplace isn’t just good for your business, as the education you provide can help change the attitude and behaviours of your employees around drugs and alcohol in the wider community.
Get help to provide drug and alcohol education in your workplace
If you need help to provide drug and alcohol education in your workplace, Integrity Sampling is the team to call. We can provide a range of education sessions for employees, including:
- Drug and alcohol awareness – a presentation covering topics such as the potential safety risks of being under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol, the need for drug and alcohol testing and an overview of the testing that is carried out.
- Managers reasonable suspicion to alcohol and other drugs in the workplace. A presentation for managers and supervisors that is designed to help you identify risks in the workplace before they happen. Topics include an overview of the drug and alcohol testing procedures, definition of reasonable suspicion, how drugs work and the effects of various drug types and reasons to conduct reasonable suspicion testing.
- Pharmaceutical, illicit drugs and alcohol overview – a presentation for all employees that covers in-depth the likely impacts to the workplace of prescription medications, illicit drugs and alcohol. Topics covered include an overview of workplace injury statistics, an overview of pharmaceutical drugs and illegal drugs, and a look at how long alcohol can stay in the system.
To find out more about Integrity Sampling’s drug and alcohol education in the workplace services, go to our website or give us a call on 1300 SALIVA (725 482).
Drug and alcohol education in the workplace is vital if safety is important for your business. Credit GotCredit (image modified) https://www.flickr.com/photos/gotcredit/33244084612/